Welcome to Bearskin Fitness Center
Thank you for becoming a member of Bearskin Fitness Center. We hope that in the upcoming days that you’ll get a chance to see why so many have chosen Bearskin Fitness Center as their personal fitness center. Making health and fitness a part of your lifestyle can be a difficult task. We are here to make you feel as comfortable as possible, by answering any questions you may have and helping you learn about nutrition and exercise. Be sure to schedule your complimentary appointments for both our tanning and personal training.
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday – 6:00 am – 8:30 pm
Saturday – 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Sunday – 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Tips for Success:
• If you’ve been inactive for a long time, are overweight, have a high risk of coronary heart disease or some other chronic health problem, see your doctor for a medical evaluation before beginning a physical activity program.
• Choose activities that are fun, not exhausting. Add variety. Develop a repertoire of several activities that you can enjoy. That way, exercise will never seem boring or routine.
• Wear comfortable, properly fitted footwear and comfortable, loose-fitting clothing appropriate for activity.
• Find a convenient time and place to do activities. Try to make it a habit, but be flexible. If you miss an exercise opportunity, work activity into your day another way.
• Use music to keep you entertained.
• Surround yourself with supportive people. Decide what kind of support you need. Do you want them to remind you to exercise? Ask about your progress? Participate with you regularly or occasionally? Allow you time to exercise by yourself?
• Don’t overdo it. Do low to moderate-level activities, especially at first. You can slowly increase the duration and intensity of your activities as you become more fit. Over time, work up to exercising on most days of the week for 30-60 minutes.
• Keep a record of your activities. Reward yourself at special milestones. Nothing motivates like success!